What is the Roller Coaster Ride℠?
Ride any combination of Six Flags New England’s world-class roller coasters to complete a total of 5K—that’s 16,405 feet, or about six rides depending on which ones you do! Have your wristband stamped as you exit each ride, and we will tally your total distance when you check in at the scoring table at the end of the day. Register now
The following rules apply to the Roller Coaster Ride℠ :
- Ride a total distance of 5K (16,405 feet)
- 30 minutes before the park closes the event ends and no more stamps will be given
- Use park ticket included with registration the day of the event during normal hours of operation
The Roller Coaster Ride℠ is subject to a number of unpredictable conditions, including weather, ride closures, and Six Flags New England park crowds on the day of the event. In other words, we do not give refunds if your favorite roller coaster is closed, if it’s raining, or if there are long ride lines.
Review the height restrictions below before signing up children to make sure there are enough coasters they can ride.
Here are the Six Flags New England roller coasters, including total ride distance and height restrictions:
For all events including the 10K race, 5K run/walk and Roller Coaster Ride℠ at Six Flags New England
Sept 6, 2014
10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Six Flags New England Human Resources Building
(across street from park; has its own free parking lot)
1756 Main Street, Agawam, MA 01001
Day of race
- Limited check-in at the race Sunday morning from 6:00 a.m. – 7 a.m.
- On-site race registration at packet pickup and on race days as space permits at Six Flags New England.
What to Bring
To pick up your race or Roller Coaster Ride℠ packet, or a packet for another participant, bring a copy of the following:
- Confirmation email
- Photo ID
- Military ID (if receiving a military discount)*
- Valid season pass (if signed up as a season pass holder)*
- Employee ID of Six Flags New England (if receiving an employee discount)*
*If you received a season pass, military, or Six Flags New England employee discount and do not have identification at race packet pick-up to confirm the discount, you will need to pay the difference between your discounted entry fee and the regularly entry fee before receiving your race packet.
Children under the age of 13 are not permitted in any race longer than 5K (5 kilometers) and must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Children under the age of 6 are not permitted in any race longer than 1 mile. While on amusement park property, all children must be accompanied according to the rules of Six Flags New England. Event volunteers must be at least 16 years of age.
Sign up now! We need volunteers for the 10K race, 5K run/walk and Roller Coaster Ride℠! All volunteers will receive:
- Free one-day ticket to Six Flags New England good for event weekend
- Free shirt
- Opportunity to purchase discounted tickets to Six Flags New England for family and friends
We need your help with
- 10K, 5K races: Attend the post-race party for free if you are a volunteer on race morning.
- Roller Coaster Ride/Saturday Packet Pickup: Free admission to park for volunteers who are working for the Roller Coaster Ride℠ and Saturday packet pickup at Six Flags.
Who can volunteer
You must be 16 years or older to be a volunteer, though volunteers can bring children if your job assignment allows them to be appropriately supervised, and they don’t interfere with you carrying out your assigned role. Volunteers on public roads on the half marathon race course may not bring minor children.
Results for the 10K race, 5K run/walk will be posted at the finish line, and on our web site as soon as they become available.
Top 3 overall male and female 10K race finishers overall will receive $200, $100, and $50 respectively plus race custom trophies.
Custom race trophies to the top 3 male and female 10K race finishers in each of the following age groups: 17 and under, 18-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 and over. (Fewer awards may be given in some race categories if there are fewer than ten runners registered in those categories on Aug. 1.)
Custom race trophies to top 3 overall male and female 5K race finishers, and top 3 male and female finishers in the following race categories: 17 and under, 18-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 and over. (Fewer awards may be given in some categories if there are fewer than 10 runners registered in those race categories on Aug. 1.)
Extra race technical shirts, Roller Coaster Ride℠ t-shirts, and other race Roller Coaster Race merchandise will be available for sale at race packet pick-up, and at each event at Six Flags New England.
Race registration fees are not refundable or transferable to another runner. If you are registered but cannot participate in the race, you can still pick up your race t-shirt and ticket to Six Flags New England at race packet pickup.
Minimum Pace for 10K
A 14 minute mile pace must be maintained by runners in the 10K on the race course, after which time the roads will be re-opened to traffic. Runners falling slower than that pace are asked to leave the race course for their safety and the safety of motorists.
Wheelchairs and Disabilities
Wheelchair athletes are permitted using push rim wheelchairs. Handcycles are not permitted. Other disability-related accommodations can be made if a request is submitted to the race director at least six weeks in advance of the race.
Dogs, Strollers, and Headphones
The following rules apply to Roller Coaster Race races and events at Six Flags New England:
- Dogs are prohibited at all Roller Coaster Race events.
- Strollers are permitted in the 5K run/walk, but anyone pushing a stroller must start in the back of the field. The race course may have some sections that are roughly paved and may not be too friendly for a conventional stroller with small wheels.
- Portable electronics with headphones are a safety hazard, and we recommend that you do not use them, but they are permitted in the race according to USA Track & Field guidelines. Runners with headphones are expected to use good judgment while on the course, and not wear them during the pre-race announcements at the start of the race.
The Roller Coaster Race will not share registrant data for any reason other than those required to conduct race operations (e.g., our timing company), and in those cases require that the data not be used for any other reason. However please be aware that the Roller Coaster Race is owned by a travel company, and you may be contacted about race-related travel opportunities.
Read our general release, publicity and waiver of liability for the Roller Coaster Race.
How to Sponsor the Event
Sponsorship opportunities are available for the Roller Coaster Race at Six Flags New England. Learn more about the benefits of sponsorship