What is the Roller Coaster Ride℠?
Ride any combination of Silver Dollar City’s world-class roller coasters to complete a total of 5K—that’s 16,405 feet, or about six rides depending on which ones you do! Have your wristband stamped as you exit each ride, and we will tally your total distance when you check in at the scoring table at the end of the day. Register now
The following rules apply to the Roller Coaster Ride℠ :
- Ride a total distance of 5K (16,405 feet)
- 30 minutes before the park closes the event ends and no more stamps will be given
- Use park ticket included with registration the day of the event during normal hours of operation
The Roller Coaster Ride℠ is subject to a number of unpredictable conditions, including weather, ride closures, and park crowds on the day of the event. In other words, we do not give refunds if your favorite roller coaster is closed, if it’s raining, or if there are long ride lines.
Here are the Silver Dollar City roller coasters, including total ride distance and height restrictions. Make sure you and your family members meet the height requirements for enough rides to have a good time.
For all events including half marathon race, 5K race, kids race and Roller Coaster Ride℠
Friday, Oct 10th
4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Hilton Branson Convention Center
200 East Main Street, Branson, MO 65616
Sunday, Oct 12th
Branson Landing (before half marathon race)
Note: Limited on-site race registrations will be taken during event weekend if accompanied by a donation to one of our charities.
What to Bring
To pick up your race or Roller Coaster Ride℠ packet, or a packet for another participant, bring a copy of the following:
- Confirmation email
- Photo ID
- Military ID (if receiving a military discount)*
- Valid season pass (if signed up as a season pass holder)*
*If you received a season pass or military discount and do not have identification at race packet pick-up to confirm the discount, you will need to pay the difference between your discounted entry fee and the regular entry fee before receiving your race packet.
Children under the age of 13 are not permitted in any race longer than 5 kilometers and must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Children under the age of 6 are not permitted in any race longer than 1 mile. While on amusement park property, all children must be accompanied according to the rules of the park.
Sign up now! We need volunteers for all of the weekend races. Event volunteers must be at least 16 years of age.
All volunteers will receive:
- Free ticket good for October 12, 2014 only.
- Free t-shirt
- Discounted Silver Dollar City tickets for family/friends
We need your help with
- Pasta Dinner: Free meal for volunteers who are working the pasta dinner.
- Roller Coaster Ride: Free admission to park for volunteers who are working for the Roller Coaster Ride℠.
- Half marathon, 5K and Kids races: Attend the post-race party for free if you volunteer for the half marathon race, 5K race or the Kids Race.
- Packet Pickup
Who can volunteer
You must be 16 years or older to be a volunteer, though volunteers can bring children if your job assignment allows them to be appropriately supervised, and they don’t interfere with you carrying out your assigned role. Volunteers on public roads on the half marathon race course may not bring minor children.
Park Tickets for Silver Dollar City
A 1-day Silver Dollar City park ticket is included with your race registration to be used for Sat, Oct 11 or Sun, Oct 12.
- Ticket is valid starting at 3:00 p.m. the day before through the close of the next day
- Roller Coaster Riders must use park ticket the day of the race
- Season pass and Silver Dollar City employee discounts will not receive a park ticket (you’ve already got a pass!)
How to Buy Additional Tickets
Purchase discounted Silver Dollar City park tickets for family and friends who are not signing up for the half marathon race, 5K race, kids mile races, or Roller Coaster Ride℠ . You can purchase additional tickets at:
- Online when you register now
- Race packet pick-up
- Merchandise table day of race
Results for the half marathon race, 5K race, and kids’ mile race will be posted at the finish line, and on our web site as soon as they become available.
Half Marathon Race
Top 3 overall male and female finishers overall will receive $250, $150, and $100 respectively plus race custom trophies.
Custom race trophies to the top 3 male and female finishers in each of the following age groups: 17 and under, 18-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 and over. (Fewer awards may be given in some race categories if there are fewer than ten runners registered in those categories on Sept. 1.)
Custom race trophies to top 3 overall male and female finishers, and top 3 male and female finishers in the following race categories: 13 and under, 14-17, 18-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 and over. (Fewer awards may be given in some categories if there are fewer than 10 runners registered in those race categories on Sept. 1.)
Kids’ Mile race
Custom trophies to the top girl and boy finishers in the following race categories: 9 and under, 10-12.
Extra race technical shirts, Roller Coaster Ride℠ 100% cotton t-shirts, and other race Roller Coaster Race merchandise will be available for sale at race packet pick-up, and at each event.
Race registration fees are not refundable or transferable to another runner. If you are registered but cannot participate in the race, you can still pick up your race t-shirt and ticket to Silver Dollar City at race packet pickup.
Minimum Pace for Half Marathon
A 14:00 minute mile pace (this equates to a 3:03:24 half marathon race) must be maintained by runners in the half marathon on the race course, after which time the roads will be re-opened to traffic. Runners falling slower than that pace are asked to leave the race course for their safety and the safety of motorists.
Wheelchairs and Disabilities
Wheelchair athletes are permitted using push rim wheelchairs. Handcycles are not permitted. Other disability-related accommodations can be made if a request is submitted to the race director at least six weeks in advance of the race.
Dogs, Strollers, and Headphones
The following rules apply to Roller Coaster Race races and events:
- Dogs are prohibited at all Roller Coaster Race events.
- Strollers are permitted in the 5K run/walk, but anyone pushing a stroller must start in the back of the field. The race course may have some sections that are roughly paved and may not be too friendly for a conventional stroller with small wheels.
- Portable electronics with headphones are a safety hazard, and we recommend that you do not use them, but they are permitted in the race according to USA Track & Field guidelines. Runners with headphones are expected to use good judgment while on the course, and not wear them during the pre-race announcements at the start of the race.
The Roller Coaster Race will not share registrant data for any reason other than those required to conduct race operations (e.g., our timing company), and in those cases require that the data not be used for any other reason. However please be aware that the Roller Coaster Race is owned by a travel company, and you may be contacted about race-related travel opportunities.
Read our general release, publicity and waiver of liability for the Roller Coaster Race.
How to Sponsor the Event
Sponsorship opportunities are available for the Roller Coaster Race at Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO. Learn more about the benefits of sponsorship